- Ph.D., Behavior Analysis, Western Michigan University (2008)
- M.A., Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Western Michigan University (2006)
- B.A., Psychology & Organizational Communication, University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (2003)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral
- Sports Performance Specialist
- Certified Sports Psychology Coach
- CPR/AED Certified
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Coming Soon: Certified Health Coach
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
- Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport, and Fitness SIG
- Minnesota Northland Association for Behavior Analysis
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Organizational Behavior Management Network
JULIE M. SLOWIAK, PH.D., BCBA-D
Julie is a behavioral scientist whose research, teaching, and applied work focus on designing physical and social environments to support individual and organizational health, performance, and wellbeing.
Julie is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Minnesota Duluth, Executive Director of the Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport, and Fitness SIG, a non-profit organization, and Founder of InJewel LLC, a values-focused coaching and consulting company.
Her research blends her training in applied behavior analysis and organizational behavior management with topics studied in the fields of occupational health psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, and applied sports psychology.
In general, Julie is interested in healthy lifestyle behavior change, performance management and improvement, behavior-based and values-focused coaching, the behavioral processes underlying athletic performance, and the integration of Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) to health, behavior, and human performance coaching.
Julie coaches and consults with adult individuals, groups and teams, and organizations. Find out more about our services.
View Julie's Curriculum Vitae
Be impatient about taking action today. One click is all it takes.