- Ph.D., Behavior Analysis, Western Michigan University (2008)
- M.A., Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Western Michigan University (2006)
- B.A., Psychology & Organizational Communication, University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (2003)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral (2016-present)
- Certified Sports Psychology Coach (2019-current)
- CPR/AED Certified (2019-current)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (2012-2016)
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
- Minnesota Northland Association for Behavior Analysis
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Organizational Behavior Management Network
JULIE M. SLOWIAK, PHD, BCBA-D
Julie is a behavioral scientist whose research, teaching, and applied work focus on designing physical and social environments to support individual and organizational health, performance, and wellbeing.
Julie is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Minnesota Duluth, Executive Director of the Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport, and Fitness SIG, a non-profit organization, and Founder of InJewel LLC, a values-focused coaching and consulting company.
Her research blends my training in applied behavior analysis and organizational behavior management with topics studied in the fields of occupational health psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, and applied sports psychology.
In general, Julie is interested in healthy lifestyle behavior change, performance management and improvement, behavior-based and values-focused coaching, the behavioral processes underlying athletic performance, and the integration of Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) to health, behavior, and human performance coaching.
Julie coaches and consults with adult individuals, groups and teams, and organizations. Find out more about our services.
View Julie's Curriculum Vitae
- B.S., Psychology, University of Pittsburgh (2006)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (2012)
- Crossfit Level 1 (2007)
- Crossfit Football (2009)
- Crossfit Endurance (2009)
- Crossfit Weightlifting (2009)
Chad is a private strength and conditioning consultant from Pittsburgh, PA. He has worked with Navy SEALs, US Marines, Army Rangers, Special Forces, and Air Force Pararescue Jumpers, CCT, TACP, as well NFL, NHL, and MLB athletes and an IPF world record holder. A former photovoltaic engineer, he applies a systems engineering approach to athletic performance.
Chad's coaching philosophy is influenced by former coaches Dan John, Glenn Pendlay, Alex Chtanine, and Ron DeAngelo. When designing customized training programs for clients, Chad integrates emerging research in sport science with time-tested strategies.
Chad coaches and consults with adult individuals. Find out more about our services.
Be impatient about taking action today. One click is all it takes.