- Ph.D., Behavior Analysis, Western Michigan University (2008)
- M.A., Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Western Michigan University (2006)
- B.A., Psychology & Organizational Communication, University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (2003)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (2016-current)
- Certified Sports Psychology Coach (2019-current)
- CPR/AED Certified (2019-current)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (2012-2016)
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
- Minnesota Northland Association for Behavior Analysis
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Organizational Behavior Management Network
JULIE M. SLOWIAK, PHD, BCBA
I am a behavioral scientist whose research, teaching, and applied work focus on designing physical and social environments to support individual and organizational health, performance, and wellbeing.
I am an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Minnesota Duluth, Executive Director of the Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport, and Fitness SIG, a non-profit organization, and Founder of InJewel LLC, a values-focused coaching and consulting company.
My research blends my training in applied behavior analysis and organizational behavior management with topics studied in the fields of occupational health psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, and applied sports psychology.
In general, I am interested in healthy lifestyle behavior change, performance management and improvement, behavior-based and values-focused coaching, the behavioral processes underlying athletic performance, and the integration of Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) to health, behavior, and human performance coaching.
I coach and consult with adult individuals, groups and teams, and organizations. Find out more about my services.
View Dr. Slowiak's Curriculum Vitae
Be impatient about taking action today. One click is all it takes.